Tutorial Flight 4 - Full Flight with FMS

cfrankling

Hello, 

For the past week, I've been enjoying myself flying this brilliantly crafted aircraft, working on familiarizing myself with all the controls and procedures required.

Going through the the tutorial on page 5 just above the FMS pic there is an instruction that says: 

"Enter no TASS into the FMS N1 page, we will be using full power take-off this time."

Can anybody please explain how to set it up in the FMS, I just can't figure it out, I even tried to google it but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

Congrats to IXEG team for the amazing work done on this bird, performance is beyond my expectations taking into consideration the amount of complexity involved.

Edited by cfrankling

2 hours ago, cfrankling said:

Can anybody please explain how to set it up in the FMS, I just can't figure it out, I even tried to google it but no luck.

You don't do anything. That's how you set it up :)

By default the thrust will be maximum thrust. You just have to worry about touching the TO REF page when you want LESS than maximum thrust.

1 minute ago, cfrankling said:

lol...I wonder why the instruction on the tutorial, I guess I will have to skip it then.

Thanks Jaime.

You don't do anything. That's how you set it up :)

dahhh, just quoted myselft...:P

Edited by cfrankling

The instruction in the tutorial is "Enter NO TASS", in other words: "Don't do anything" :)

BTW, What is TASS? I knew "Assumed Selected Temperature" or AST; but can't figure TASS out...

EDIT: It's "T_ass" as in "T-assumed". I thought it was an acronym, haha

Edited by Alpha Floor

8 hours ago, cfrankling said:

lol...I wonder why the instruction on the tutorial, I guess I will have to skip it then.

Thanks Jaime.

Because you normally enter an assumed temperature - not doing anything in this case is atypical ;)