South African Air Force C185 #715 "Sandra" 1.0.0

5 Screenshots

About This File

South African Air Force "Sandra" 4K livery for Carenado's C185

My last livery in my painting frenzy (I hope). SAAF C185 #715 is nicknamed by 44 Sqn as "Sandra" apparently as a tribute to Lt Gen Roelof Jacobus Beukes' wife. Who is Sandra Beukes? No idea. What happened to her? No idea. Who is Roelf Beukes? Important enough for a short wiki page, he was once chief of the SAAF until 2005. Why is the plane known by 44 sqn as "the little aircraft with a big heart?" No idea. That's all the info I got from a very obscure 2005 copy of a SAAF's Ad Astra magazine, Wikipedia, and whoswho.co.za This was a rather hard livery to make due to since I'm a beginner, but I think it turned out ok. But if there are any problems please tell me!

To install, just open the zip and drop the folder inside the liveries folder. The textures are 4K so they only work with X-Plane 10.

If you haven't already, get my 10 SAAF bare-metal liveries (#729, #730, #748, and #753) here
There you can also learn about my story of how I accidentally painted the entire photographed non-camo fleet of SAAF's C185s.

Also, check out my 4 SAAF red-stripe liveries (#731 and #747) here.

Hope you enjoy :D

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.