"Neutral-Normals-Set" for the Aerosoft/McPhat ATR72-500

2 Screenshots

About This File

"Neutral-Normals-Set" for the Aerosoft/McPhat ATR 72-500

It`s not as simple as it looks.

A real nice paintkit (set of "blanks") , has already been made available. I hope I`ll be able to make a layered version shortly.

Vital is the fact this paintkit is missing "neutral" normal files.

"Neutral " normal-files are normalfiles having a specular alpha without livery-dedicated textures.

When making a livery based on this paintkit and implementing this livery in the liveries folder, this livery will use the normal-files for the default "TRIP" livery., resulting in the fact the TRIP-textures will be visible on the aircraft when sunlight strikes the texturised surface.

Without a set of "neutral" normal-files its not possible to make a real high quality livery-paint for this plane without the disturbing effect of the speculars in the normals.

The picture below shows the excellent livery vakigary made for us , as you can see the default "Trip" disturbs its beauty.

trip.jpg

I addition to the paintkit I made a customised set of normalfiles.

Better said I made no changes to the normal-effect, I edited the specular layer wich is in them.

Thanks to Martin Wright who provided me with the tools to handle these rather complicated files.( Convimx and DXTbmp )

Original normal structure and original specular-layers, with all livery-dedicated details removed.

Just add this set to each repaint you make.

DO NOT add this set to existing McPhat -liveries.( They all have their own normals wich should be kept in place and not be overwritten)

Adding these files to liveries wich have no normals in their objects folder corrects the unwanted appearance of the default normals.

These files are free to use for all repainters,

Do not forget:

Credits: Customised normals (speculars) by Leen "Flybike" de Jager

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.