KMLT - Millinocket Municipal Airport

6 Screenshots

About This File

Welcome to KMLT Millinocket Municipal Airport! This is a small and quiet GA airport located in the Great North Woods of Maine near the southern border of Baxter State Park, an immense tract of pristine wilderness of over 200,000 acres. In fact, it is because of Baxter State Park and Maine’s tallest peak, 5,267 ft Mt. Katahdin that I built this airport.

In all actuality, KMLT doesn’t have a whole lot to it. A couple of runways (only one of them lit) and a few buildings and hangars, Millinocket is still a good launching point for your flying adventures in the northern part of the state. Explore the impressive Mt. Katahdin by air or refine your floatplane skills on one of Maine’s beautiful lakes. If nothing else, KMLT adds a decent place to fly out of in a grossly underdeveloped region in XPlane.

I grew up in Maine and while I never had any reason to visit the Millinocket airport we would often pass through on our way north for numerous family backpacking trips in Baxter State Park. So, while I have no personal connection to the airport itself, I have a deep sentimental connection to Baxter State Park and Katahdin.

Some of you may recognize Millinocket as the setting for the Discovery Channel show, American Loggers, a reality show focusing on the hard working blue collar loggers of Millinocket based Gerald Pelletier Inc.

My hope is that you enjoy the airport and region and have fun exploring this very special and scenic area!

Special thanks as always to the following folks:

Ben Supnik, creator of WED, the many contributors of OpenSceneryX, Jacques Brault for his wonderful objects, and Brian Godwin, my scenery mentor.

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Indeed, airport looks really good! Took a Katahdin roundtrip during sunset - amazing landscape.

Eager to see more of them :)

Thanks

Flo

• Upvote 1