KEWR Newark Liberty International with Orthophotos 1.01

4 Screenshots

About This File

Hi!

Here is my first shot at doing an airport using WED. I have chosen KEWR Newark Liberty International because it's the airport that I fly too from Edinburgh when I'm heading to the States with United Airlines.

This scenery is based on orthophotos which cover the airport and surrounding parts of New Jersey. These are large files, hence the download size. The orthophotos are not great quality so I have taken the liberty of tracing out every single taxiway!!!

I have tried to make the airport as realistic as possible with correct building placement, busy ramps, cargo areas and runway details. I have also added a large number of taxi signs, I'd like to do more of the complex ones but these take a long time.

Included:

Terminal A

Terminal B

Terminal C

GA Area

FedEx Cargo Area

UPS Cargo Area

OpensceneryX is required!

This effort is far from perfect but I hope that you enjoy using it.

Feedback and suggestions for improvement welcome!

Andy :)

What's New in Version 1.01

Released

• Resized one orthophoto that was wrong size.
  • Edited strange buildings that were partly see through.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thats' really good for your first scenery!

Stick with it. It only becomes an addiction later.... (one which phil morris mentions he'd gladly be the beneficiary of). =)

- CK.

Ok - cuple of quick suggestions which can result in easy wins here.

1. Ship DDS instead of PNGs when distributing the final product. Get Xgrinder here to do the conversion from PNG->DDS just before zipping up for distribution. (http://developer.x-plane.com/tools/xptools/ )

2. Place down some general object exclusions - as there is a Ted Davis scenery which also does KEWR (amongst 4 other airports). This way your airport can "override" his KEWR - while still allowing users to retain his other airports in that pack)

Nice job!

- CK.

Hi Chris!  Thanks for the compliment and the good advice.  Good suggestion with the exclusion zones I'll add those in a later version.  I wasn't sure if using DDS rather than PNG would further reduce the quality of the orthophotos?

Andy

just curious, what version of XP 10 do you use 10.11 or 10.20?

Is that to Chris or me?

I am using 10.20 beta, can't stand the out of memory crashes on my Mac and X-plane becomes a million times more enjoyable with the newer version.

Andy

Is that to Chris or me?

I am using 10.20 beta, can't stand the out of memory crashes on my Mac and X-plane becomes a million times more enjoyable with the newer version.

Andy

that makes sense because i'm using 10.11 and my log.txt says that there is some stuff missing.