KFMY - Page Field - Fort Myers, Florida 1.0

7 Screenshots

About This File

Page Field (KFMY) is a popular GA airport in Fort Myers, Florida. If you are into GA flying, or business jets as large as 727s, this is the hub for you. Page Field is also a great airport for cross country flying. Located in Southwestern Florida, it's easily accessible to Orlando, Lakeland, Tampa, St. Pete, Palm Beach, Vero, Miami, Key West, Naples, and it's nearby companion, KRSW. My goal was to make this airport as realistic as possible for the sake of "feeling at home" and for practicing IFR cross country procedures.

Contents

• Completely accurate airport layout
  • 26 Custom Objects, accurately representing facilities including Base Ops (FBO), hangars, tarmac layout, parking lots, etc.
  • Multiple starting points for single/multi-prop and jets, including hangar space and tie-down spots.
  • Starting points on all runway entrances.
  • Global lighting attached to every building.
  • Accurate, named ATC paths
  • Taxiway and Runway signs
  • Most up-to-date Airport Diagram (PDF)

Requires

• X-Plane 10
  • OpenSceneryX for aircraft population only (can be removed using WED 1.2)
  • Object Rendering Settings at "tons" for full airport

To Do List (for future version)

• Bump Maps on all objects
  • Finish modeling 5 remaining hangars
  • Model surrounding shopping centers, etc.
  • Ortho-photo of all grassy areas on airport premises

This is my first airport scenery for X-Plane. I used WED 1.2, Blender 2.63, and Photoshop. I am grateful for so many of you who have posted invaluable how-to information. Please let me know if you have any issues or problems. Also, if you would like to use any of my custom objects, please feel free--and let me know! I'd also be happy to customize any, if I am able.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Awesome

Excellent modelling skills. Includes HDR lighting right on the object itself. Very nicely done!

Note:

TEXTURE terminal.png
RING 1
TWO_SIDED 0
LOD 0.05 30000.0

change to:

TEXTURE terminal.png
RING 1
TWO_SIDED 0
LOD 0 30000.0

The custom terminal facade 'disappears' when you get close to it. Setting start LOD of zero fixes that.

• Upvote 1

Thanks! I really appreciate the comments (and the suggestion Chris...I've already made the change.) I have a ortho that I have been working on in photoshop. It's really large, and after removing a lot of planes and buildings etc, I found some tips (thanks again Chris!) that made me want to wait and perfect it before publishing. That will be included in the update.

My only issue is how wide to go with the ortho beyond the actual airport. I feel that it doesn't fit well with the auto gen scenery.

But thanks!!