Additional Vehicle Library Extension (XP9/XP10) ISDG 1.2

1 Screenshot

About This File

Vehicle Library Extension v1.2

October 27, 2012 Chris K

Quick Description:

This file puts a lot more and different types of cars and trucks on the highways (Instead of just the 5 or 6 'default' ones).

Traffic on highways and roads look much more realistic.!

Detailed Description:

The file extends X-Plane 9 and X-Plane 10's default library of cars and trucks. It adds additional entries to be chosen at random when X-Plane (or any scenery for that matter) requests either the car or the car_or_truck vehicle objects.

This provides immediate variety to any scenery or roadways which use the default library system (which is most of them).

This is effectively a re-posting of the file by Joyfulsongster (JeffM)

http://forums.x-plan...&showfile=15244

However, The method I chose to use here to make this work is via a library extension, and a LIBRARY_EXTEND directive; rather than having you muck about with the internal workings of the default scenery directories. This makes it work for both X-Plane 9, and X-Plane 10; is easy to install, and is easy to delete.

Installation:

Copy "Vehicle Library Extension" into "Custom Scenery". That's it.

Uninstall:

Delete "Vehicle Library Extension" from "Custom Scenery". That's it.

Jeff's (Joyfulsongsters's) Original Description:

JOYFULSONGSTER:

Here are a lot more vehicles for the highways. Many more trucks, a few vans, and a score of vehicles thanks to Cami de Bellis. Hope you enjoy.

UPDATE: anyone who feels inspired to allow these files to be installed a better way, and also useable in v10 has my permission to use them. Have fun!

© 2010-2012 joyfulsongster and uwespeed - Library files provided © 2012 ISDG - International Scenery Development Group

What's New in Version 1.2

Released

• Fixed 2 motorcycle objects referencing their proper image file.
  • Motorcycles are textured now!
  • Pre-image Compressed all PNG as DDS for those who use [X] Enable Texture Compression
  • Using a pre-compressed DDS is far better than asking X-Plane to do it on the fly
  • XP10 users will auto-switch to the DDS version if compression enabled
  • See: http://developer.x-plane.com/2012/01/dds-revisited-in-x-plane-10/
  • for more information on how auto DDS/PNG selection works in XP10
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks Chris,

good improvement. I noticed that some (all) of the vehicles lack lights, at least in hdr mode. Could that be added?

Regards

Flo

Unfortunately, that would break compatibility with X-Plane 9.

The objects don't cast light properly in HDR mode due to this; however I think XP10 does some attempts as it seems to work on some of them?

FYI the title on this and the changelog says this is version 1.2, but the downloaded file and its readme are version 1.1. I checked .org and it downloaded v1.2 as expected.