Pacific Ranges Photoscenery - Bella Coola 1.0

4 Screenshots

About This File

The scenery updates the 1x1 degree tile around Bella Coola, British Columbia with high resolution terrain mesh, coastlines, rivers and lakes. It updates the southern half of the tile with medium resolution orthophoto textures, and adds a new airfield, CBJ5 Taleomey River.

A good introductory flight is to take off east from Bella Coola, turn south and fly to CBJ5 Taleomey River Airfield. Both approaches to the airfield are difficult, the one from the east much more so.

The scenery is the first in a series stretching from Bella Coola, British Columbia, to Vancouver, British Columbia.

The sceneries available at x-plane.org and x-pilot.com are

1. Pacific Ranges- Bella Coola

2. Pacific Ranges- Machmell River

See attached index map for scenery locations.

The scenery has been successfully tested with X-Plane 9.70, X-Plane 10 Demo, and Inside Passage scenery.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The scenery would be extremly nice, but ...

I have been trying to get it working no luck. When using the scenery in XP10, all OSM data and forrests are gone. Even when adding separately OSM XP + autogen package, nothing won't show up with exception of Inside Passage airport.

Any way to fix this?

Hello Martin,

Not really.  OSM data is overwritten by the data in the scenery, I think.  Not really an expert on it though.  Have you tried renaming the file with the OSM data so it appears alphabetically before Pacific Ranges? 

I have chosen this remote area as there isn't much OSM data to overwrite here.  Coastline and water way data is more accurate than default x-plane, by a power of 10

Forests shouldn't be affected as far as I know.  I think that much of the area lacks forests in default x-plane, and the scenery shouldn't change that.  Correct me if I am wrong.  I leave forests turned off when I fly, so I likely won't put the large amount of work into fixing it any time soon.

Best, Olexia