About This File
P.180 Avanti II for X-Plane 11 - CURRENT VERSION: 2.1.1.a (uploaded at: 22:00Z November 27th, 2018)
NEW DOWNLOAD OPTIONS - !!! READ BELOW !!!
OPTION 1: If you already have the Avanti or any X-Aviation product (you should already have the Gizmo plugin installed in your X-Plane installation - check for Gizmo.plugin in X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/ folder)
Download only the file : "P_180_Avanti_II.zip". Unzip it in your Aircrafts folder. You are good to go! Enjoy your flight!
OPTION 2: You haven't the previous version of the Avanti (2.1.0) or any X-Aviation product.
Download both files. Run the "P_180_Avanti_Installer.zip". This will install both Gizmo and the previous version of the Avanti. Then you can replace the previous version with the current.
NOTE: If you have already downloaded the v2.1.1 (released Friday November 23rd), download only the v2_1_1_rc1.zip file. Unzip it and replace the "scripts" folder inside Avanti's folder.
LATEST SCRIPTS (ALL MUST DOWNLOAD AND USE THEM): scripts v2.1.1.rc2 are now (Dec 10th, 2018) available fixing issue #5.
NOTE: If you get a pop window to ask you for login details, you do not have to enter anything, just close the window, and the aircraft will work fine.
Official Bug tracker: https://bitbucket.org/iliastselios/p180_avanti/issues?status=new&status=open
As you might already know this aircraft is based on X-Plane's default P.180 Avanti , originally designed for X-Plane 8, was included in X-Plane 9, and from that point has been overhauled to Avanti II version. This is aircraft is totally FREE! It is a "return" to the X-Plane community that supported us those last 4 years that we exist as a development team!
This aircraft main features are:
- High quality visuals, cockpit all new 3D model and textures, including PBR materials.
- Simulated: a. startup and shutdown procedures b. engine controls and operations c. autopilot controls and operations d. partially operation of the electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, fuel systems.
- Emulation of Proline 21 avionics suite. Currently there is only one layout that will allow you to operate the aircraft in all scenarios. Many improvements will come in the future.
- Installation in the 3D cockpit of the default X-Plane 11 FMC.
- Improved flight characteristics.
- Internal custom lighting.
Of course Avanti development is not stopping here! Actually the overall development will be continuous, and the aircraft will always be in beta stage. Updates and upgrades will be available frequently!
Main planned future upgrades are:
- Adding more functionallity to Proline 21 avionics suite, heading from an emulation to a simulation.
- Custom NAV maps.
- Custom FMC.
- Fully simulation of all systems.
- New 3D model from ground up.
- Improved flight model.
- Avanti EVO.
Special thanks to: Austin Meyer for giving his permission to use parts of the Avanti on this project and X-Plane by Laminar Research that gave us this magnificent simulator!
The team that originally developed Avanti for X-Plane, Robert Pearson (aerodynamics), Massimo Durando (cockpit & 3D cockpit), and Javier rollon (External Model. JRollonPlanes www.jrollon.com) for his fantastic 3D work. @Hueyman for the propeller 3D model and the prop disc images.
Ben Russell of Gizmo64 for his support and that made available to us that powerful tool (aka Gizmo), and Cameron Son of X-Aviation for the support.
And of course X-Plane community for the interest in that project and patient to wait to be realized!
What's New in Version 2.1.1 See changelog
- PFD: New PFD layout matching as close as possible the real aircraft.
- PFD REFS options: You can access 2 pages of reference options that you can set various speeds (Vt/V50/Vref, etc), minimum altitudes (baro/radar), FD style, barometric pressure (hpa/inHg), metric altitude etc.
- PFD magenta pointer: You can select to show direction to NAV1/NAV2/FMS waypoint/NDB, with the relevant data.
- MFD Upper Display: All new upper display for the MFD. Upper display is the area between the map and the EIS (Engine Indications System) at the top. You can select (MFD's LSK1) between blank (default), checklist (see below), and FMS Text (see below).
- MFD Checklist: On screen checklist of the Avanti checklist (you can find it at Avanti folder/manuals/). When you are in checklist display, LSK2 and LSK3 buttons are allow to navigate through pages, and RSK2 and RSK3 buttons, through items of each page. Note: the checklist is not "interactive" as the real one (in which you press a button to check that an item is done), nor with realistic controls. The implementation, at this stage is based on the simplistic usage. In next version, will be a more realistic implementation.
- MFD FMS-TXT: This page is almost identical with PROGRESS page on FMS, showing info for the previous FP waypoint, current FLY-TO waypoint, next waypoint, and the arrival airport. For the last one there are calculation for fuel at destination, and Gross Weight at destination. Note: because currently those calculations are based on the current speed, are not accurate, at least when you reach cruise flight level. In next version, will be implemented a typical profile for those calculations.
- LOAD MANAGER: You will able to access through the Plugins menu, an on-screen load manager, where you can add passengers (in next version will be added visual 3D models into the cabin), adjust fuel load per tank, or access some options.
- MISC: Various other fixes and visual enhancements (like turned down screen reflections). If you are interesting to create a livery for this aircraft, go to liveries/BASE/objects and you will find some .psd or .xcf files that you can use to create your own liveries.
scripts v2.1.1.rc2: Fixes all crashes related to FMS.