11 Screenshots

About This File

ATTENTION: To use this aircraft, you must own a X-Aviation product, to get Gizmo plugin. If you don't own one, please don't download this aircraft!

P.180 Avanti II for X-Plane 11 - CURRENT VERSION: 2.3.0 (uploaded at: February 25th, 2020)

If you want to support P.180 Avanti development, please donate here: PAYPAL

v2.3.0 Main Features

• Compatible only with EXPERIMENTAL FLIGHT MODEL (11.40+), capable of flying up to M.67 at altitude.
  • Terrain Radar operation via PFD/MFD buttons.
  • Tablet for aircraft loading (engines must be off and the aircraft stationary), and access to AVITAB.
  • Librain Support.
  • See Change Log for more!

If you don't have Gizmo already installed in your X-Plane copy, there is an version of Gizmo in the folder extra files. Put the Gizmo.plugin folder in you X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins folder.

If you already have Gizmo, DO NOT SUBSTITUTE the existing one with this. MIGHT BREAK OTHER GIZMO ADDONS!!!

If you find reflections too high, in the extra files folders are textures to change that. Copy the low reflections texture into the objects folder, and replace the existing one! 

v2.2.0.VR

NOW VR COMPATIBLE with the help of SimVRLabs!

OFFICIAL SUPPORT:
Official Bug tracker: https://bitbucket.org/iliastselios/p180_avanti/issues?status=new&status=open

Support Forums: 

DESCRIPTION:

As you might already know this aircraft is based on X-Plane's default P.180 Avanti , originally designed for X-Plane 8, was included in X-Plane 9, and from that point has been overhauled to Avanti II version. This is aircraft is totally FREE! It is a "return" to the X-Plane community that supported us those last 4 years that we exist as a development team!

This aircraft main features are:

1. High quality visuals, cockpit all new 3D model and textures, including PBR materials.
  2. Simulated: a. startup and shutdown procedures b. engine controls and operations c. autopilot controls and operations d. partially operation of the electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, fuel systems.
  3. Emulation of Proline 21 avionics suite. Currently there is only one layout that will allow you to operate the aircraft in all scenarios. Many improvements will come in the future.
  4. Installation in the 3D cockpit of the default X-Plane 11 FMC.
  5. Improved flight characteristics.
  6. Internal custom lighting.

Of course Avanti development is not stopping here! Actually the overall development will be continuous, and the aircraft will always be in beta stage. Updates and upgrades will be available frequently!

Main planned future upgrades are:

1. Adding more functionallity to Proline 21 avionics suite, heading from an emulation to a simulation.
  2. Custom NAV maps.
  3. Custom FMC.
  4. Fully simulation of all systems.
  5. New 3D model from ground up.
  6. Improved flight model.
  7. Avanti EVO.

Special thanks to: Austin Meyer for giving his permission to use parts of the Avanti on this project and X-Plane by Laminar Research that gave us this magnificent simulator!

The team that originally developed Avanti for X-Plane, Robert Pearson (aerodynamics), Massimo Durando (cockpit & 3D cockpit), and Javier rollon (External Model. JRollonPlanes www.jrollon.com) for his fantastic 3D work. @Hueyman for the propeller 3D model and the prop disc images.

Ben Russell of Gizmo64 for his support and that made available to us that powerful tool (aka Gizmo), and Cameron Son of X-Aviation for the support.

And of course X-Plane community for the interest in that project and patient to wait to be realized!

Edited by airfighter
Added note tha tyou must own a XA product to use this aircraft.

What's New in Version 2.3.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 16
  • Upvote 17

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I second the last poster about the throttle map; I wish there was an easy way to turn it off. If there is a way I'd love to know what it is :)

But all in all great plane, fast and fun to fly. I did get a weird audio buzzing when I shut it down but I do have to try to repeat this occurence. I hope this keep getting updated :D

Thanking you for a great update and your ongoing promise of future updates to come sounds very exciting.

It would be helpful if you include the changelog history text file in the release package as well.

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much, I love this plane and your efforts for upgrading it are very appreciated, thanks again!

BTW, I'd report you this little bug I found in warning lights panel: there's "L FUEL PRESS" instead of "R FUEL PRESS" on the right engine column (see below).

Cheers

avanti - 2020-02-13 23.50.04.png

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much for this aircraft.

When in the dark, there's always a shiny white light under the bottom of the fuselage, even when everything is switched off and and the airplane is cold and dark.

p180.jpg

CURRENT VERSION: 2.3.0 (uploaded at: February 125th, 2020)

Updated Feb 125, 2020.  One hell of a leap year!!!   LOL

GREAT job, guys!!!  Looks beautiful!

I'm not seeing the AviTab.  I had it in the previous version and it also appears in other aircraft that I have installed.

I removed the last version prior to installing this latest release as opposed to writing over the files, thinking a clean install would be best.

Hello,

I don't know how but I lost the tablet.

How to get it back??

I find the default 3D cockpit view angle really too low. Is it possible to set it more horizontally?

Kind regards,

On 2/28/2020 at 6:25 AM, 1649Benji said:

Hello im having prolems with condition lever not staying up when advance it with my quadrant and wing light, taxi lights and other lights stays on 

me too, i cant use full sistems of the plane

Hi, 

I seem to de doing something wrong because of my buttons and switches in the cockpit are completly frozen for me. 

The battery switch works, but then none of the fuel pumps, engine starters, thrust levers... none of these work. 

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what? I just downloaded the file, unzipped it in the aircraft folder of X-Plane and didn't tiouch anything else? 

The pre-set views on the number pad was working though! 

Does anyone know what this might be? 

7 hours ago, alexarmel said:

Hi, 

I seem to de doing something wrong because of my buttons and switches in the cockpit are completly frozen for me. 

The battery switch works, but then none of the fuel pumps, engine starters, thrust levers... none of these work. 

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what? I just downloaded the file, unzipped it in the aircraft folder of X-Plane and didn't tiouch anything else? 

The pre-set views on the number pad was working though! 

Does anyone know what this might be? 

Seems that you have not installed Gizmo. If you read the description says:

If you don't have Gizmo already installed in your X-Plane copy, there is an version of Gizmo in the folder extra files. Put the Gizmo.plugin folder in you X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins folder.

If you already have Gizmo, DO NOT SUBSTITUTE the existing one with this. MIGHT BREAK OTHER GIZMO ADDONS!!!

Do that. Also when you have a problem, post your Log.txt and if exists the GizmoLog.txt files.

On 9/1/2020 at 4:30 PM, airfighter said:

Seems that you have not installed Gizmo. If you read the description says:

Do that. Also when you have a problem, post your Log.txt and if exists the GizmoLog.txt files.

Thanks for the reply, readying this I feel a bit silly, I'll try checking that and let you know, thanks a lot! 

10 hours ago, alexarmel said:

Thanks for the reply, readying this I feel a bit silly, I'll try checking that and let you know, thanks a lot! 

No worries. I'm here to help. 

5 hours ago, EAPC PILOTO said:

Hi everyone, and thanks a lot for your work.

Have you planned to upgrade to EVO version?

I wish I could, but I'm missing 2 things. The documentation of the EVO and the time to do it. Also a EVO pilot to help me with that.

Edited by airfighter

Hi! Excellent job!

If you can make the windshield and the display a 50% more transparent than now (i'm using low reflection texture) it would be more realistic. I seat on a real P-180 sometimes and i found you glass and display a little bit glossy...

On 12/7/2020 at 1:34 PM, airfighter said:

Librain works only in OpenGL. You don't need to do anything.

Oh that would explain why I can never get librain to work on my Mac - I've been using Metal. 

I downladed the plane again after a long time that I didn't use it, on x-plane 11.40 with open-gl working well, but now, with x-plane 11.52 and metal the plane, with the engines on, with thrust levers at most and with the brakes off it does not move, I can not take off. Can't find where I'm wrong?

6 hours ago, emmeesse said:

I downladed the plane again after a long time that I didn't use it, on x-plane 11.40 with open-gl working well, but now, with x-plane 11.52 and metal the plane, with the engines on, with thrust levers at most and with the brakes off it does not move, I can not take off. Can't find where I'm wrong?

Do you have Gizmo installed? Do you own any other X-Aviation product. If you don't have Gizmo, or mayby, and older version might have troubles working with Metal.