About This File
P.180 Avanti II for X-Plane 11 - CURRENT VERSION: 2.2.0.VR (uploaded at: 11:00Z February 25th, 2019)
NOW VR COMPATIBLE with the help of SimVRLabs!
NEW DOWNLOAD OPTIONS - !!! READ BELOW !!!
OPTION 1: If you already have the Avanti or any X-Aviation product (you should already have the Gizmo plugin installed in your X-Plane installation - check for Gizmo.plugin in X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/ folder)
Download only the file : "P_180_Avanti_II.zip". Unzip it in your Aircrafts folder. You are good to go! Enjoy your flight!
OPTION 2: You haven't the previous version of the Avanti (2.1.0) or any X-Aviation product.
Download both files. Run the "P_180_Avanti_Installer.zip". This will install both Gizmo and the previous version of the Avanti. Then you can replace the previous version with the current.
NOTE: If you get a pop window to ask you for login details, you do not have to enter anything, just close the window, and the aircraft will work fine.
Official Bug tracker: https://bitbucket.org/iliastselios/p180_avanti/issues?status=new&status=open
As you might already know this aircraft is based on X-Plane's default P.180 Avanti , originally designed for X-Plane 8, was included in X-Plane 9, and from that point has been overhauled to Avanti II version. This is aircraft is totally FREE! It is a "return" to the X-Plane community that supported us those last 4 years that we exist as a development team!
This aircraft main features are:
- High quality visuals, cockpit all new 3D model and textures, including PBR materials.
- Simulated: a. startup and shutdown procedures b. engine controls and operations c. autopilot controls and operations d. partially operation of the electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, fuel systems.
- Emulation of Proline 21 avionics suite. Currently there is only one layout that will allow you to operate the aircraft in all scenarios. Many improvements will come in the future.
- Installation in the 3D cockpit of the default X-Plane 11 FMC.
- Improved flight characteristics.
- Internal custom lighting.
Of course Avanti development is not stopping here! Actually the overall development will be continuous, and the aircraft will always be in beta stage. Updates and upgrades will be available frequently!
Main planned future upgrades are:
- Adding more functionallity to Proline 21 avionics suite, heading from an emulation to a simulation.
- Custom NAV maps.
- Custom FMC.
- Fully simulation of all systems.
- New 3D model from ground up.
- Improved flight model.
- Avanti EVO.
Special thanks to: Austin Meyer for giving his permission to use parts of the Avanti on this project and X-Plane by Laminar Research that gave us this magnificent simulator!
The team that originally developed Avanti for X-Plane, Robert Pearson (aerodynamics), Massimo Durando (cockpit & 3D cockpit), and Javier rollon (External Model. JRollonPlanes www.jrollon.com) for his fantastic 3D work. @Hueyman for the propeller 3D model and the prop disc images.
Ben Russell of Gizmo64 for his support and that made available to us that powerful tool (aka Gizmo), and Cameron Son of X-Aviation for the support.
And of course X-Plane community for the interest in that project and patient to wait to be realized!
What's New in Version 2.1.0 See changelog
- FMC: Top page with options to turn on/off airports/VORs/NDBs/waypoints/weather and also select between single of dual cue FD symbology. Changed a button to DIR (direct) which is the correct one (The old was wrong!) Some other buttons are not like the real plane, but, in time, will be replaced as the custom FMC development advances.
- AUTOPILOT: VNAV is disabled, until work out a custom logic that simulates the real aircraft behaviour. The default VNAV is tide with autothrottle which is totally wrong for that plane! YD annunciator in the PFD is fixed, button and VS/pitch wheel animations fixed/added.
- MFD map: Added Altitude Intercept Arc, so you can have an indication where you will reach the AP target altitude, to manage your descends and climbs.
- MFD: Added bottom row that displays various info.
- MFD EIS: Plugin driven Engine Indications, with colors depending on various stages of operation (start, normal, above limits, etc).
- FMOD: Initial implementation of FMOD. Engine sounds, tire bounce, different switches, buttons, rotary knobs, etc. This is still something in its infancy and many improvements/additions will come in the future. In case that you don't like it (yet), you will have the option to remove fmod folder and roll back to the previous sounds.
- Caution/Warning Panel: Corrected positions and operations. I have kept Parking Brake light, though doesn't exists in the real aircraft.
- Internal Lighting: Added map lights for PLT and FO, that you can rotate the light's head and adjust the beam. Also the cockpit lights (those under the glareshield) have been adjusted to properly lit the instrument panel.
- Outside Lighting: Now you can set the anticollision lights to Ground and Air, and the appropriate lights will come on. Added Wing (inspection) lights.
- Flight Model: Adjustments to engine model, trim and controls, and many others. What is not properly simulated and needs a lot of investigation is the propeller's model which it ok, but not accurate. This remains for a future update.
- Modelling/Textures/Materials: Many adjustments/fixes, including Ferrari livery fixes. A new "Blue" livery is included, the same as the default, but without the logos. I have already uploaded a set of textures, if someone wants to do a livery for the plane.
- Modifiers/Animations: Most of the switches and rotary knobs work with the mouse wheel. Also the "theme" is if you see a "grab" icon, then the switch must be dragged, otherwise it is a click switch. If arrows, then click for up/down accordingly. Many buttons are now animated (including FMC buttons).