11 Screenshots

About This File

ATTENTION: To use this aircraft, you must own a X-Aviation product, to get Gizmo plugin. If you don't own one, please don't download this aircraft!

P.180 Avanti II for X-Plane 11 - CURRENT VERSION: 2.3.0 (uploaded at: February 25th, 2020)

If you want to support P.180 Avanti development, please donate here: PAYPAL

v2.3.0 Main Features

• Compatible only with EXPERIMENTAL FLIGHT MODEL (11.40+), capable of flying up to M.67 at altitude.
  • Terrain Radar operation via PFD/MFD buttons.
  • Tablet for aircraft loading (engines must be off and the aircraft stationary), and access to AVITAB.
  • Librain Support.
  • See Change Log for more!

If you don't have Gizmo already installed in your X-Plane copy, there is an version of Gizmo in the folder extra files. Put the Gizmo.plugin folder in you X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins folder.

If you already have Gizmo, DO NOT SUBSTITUTE the existing one with this. MIGHT BREAK OTHER GIZMO ADDONS!!!

If you find reflections too high, in the extra files folders are textures to change that. Copy the low reflections texture into the objects folder, and replace the existing one! 

v2.2.0.VR

NOW VR COMPATIBLE with the help of SimVRLabs!

OFFICIAL SUPPORT:
Official Bug tracker: https://bitbucket.org/iliastselios/p180_avanti/issues?status=new&status=open

Support Forums: 

DESCRIPTION:

As you might already know this aircraft is based on X-Plane's default P.180 Avanti , originally designed for X-Plane 8, was included in X-Plane 9, and from that point has been overhauled to Avanti II version. This is aircraft is totally FREE! It is a "return" to the X-Plane community that supported us those last 4 years that we exist as a development team!

This aircraft main features are:

1. High quality visuals, cockpit all new 3D model and textures, including PBR materials.
  2. Simulated: a. startup and shutdown procedures b. engine controls and operations c. autopilot controls and operations d. partially operation of the electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, fuel systems.
  3. Emulation of Proline 21 avionics suite. Currently there is only one layout that will allow you to operate the aircraft in all scenarios. Many improvements will come in the future.
  4. Installation in the 3D cockpit of the default X-Plane 11 FMC.
  5. Improved flight characteristics.
  6. Internal custom lighting.

Of course Avanti development is not stopping here! Actually the overall development will be continuous, and the aircraft will always be in beta stage. Updates and upgrades will be available frequently!

Main planned future upgrades are:

1. Adding more functionallity to Proline 21 avionics suite, heading from an emulation to a simulation.
  2. Custom NAV maps.
  3. Custom FMC.
  4. Fully simulation of all systems.
  5. New 3D model from ground up.
  6. Improved flight model.
  7. Avanti EVO.

Special thanks to: Austin Meyer for giving his permission to use parts of the Avanti on this project and X-Plane by Laminar Research that gave us this magnificent simulator!

The team that originally developed Avanti for X-Plane, Robert Pearson (aerodynamics), Massimo Durando (cockpit & 3D cockpit), and Javier rollon (External Model. JRollonPlanes www.jrollon.com) for his fantastic 3D work. @Hueyman for the propeller 3D model and the prop disc images.

Ben Russell of Gizmo64 for his support and that made available to us that powerful tool (aka Gizmo), and Cameron Son of X-Aviation for the support.

And of course X-Plane community for the interest in that project and patient to wait to be realized!

Edited by airfighter
Added note tha tyou must own a XA product to use this aircraft.

What's New in Version 2.1.0   See changelog

Released

1. FMC: Top page with options to turn on/off airports/VORs/NDBs/waypoints/weather and also select between single of dual cue FD symbology. Changed a button to DIR (direct) which is the correct one (The old was wrong!) Some other buttons are not like the real plane, but, in time, will be replaced as the custom FMC development advances.
  2. AUTOPILOT: VNAV is disabled, until work out a custom logic that simulates the real aircraft behaviour. The default VNAV is tide with autothrottle which is totally wrong for that plane! YD annunciator in the PFD is fixed, button and VS/pitch wheel animations fixed/added.
  3. MFD map: Added Altitude Intercept Arc, so you can have an indication where you will reach the AP target altitude, to manage your descends and climbs.
  4. MFD: Added bottom row that displays various info.
  5. MFD EIS: Plugin driven Engine Indications, with colors depending on various stages of operation (start, normal, above limits, etc).
  6. FMOD: Initial implementation of FMOD. Engine sounds, tire bounce, different switches, buttons, rotary knobs, etc. This is still something in its infancy and many improvements/additions will come in the future. In case that you don't like it (yet), you will have the option to remove fmod folder and roll back to the previous sounds.
  7. Caution/Warning Panel: Corrected positions and operations. I have kept Parking Brake light, though doesn't exists in the real aircraft.
  8. Internal Lighting: Added map lights for PLT and FO, that you can rotate the light's head and adjust the beam. Also the cockpit lights (those under the glareshield) have been adjusted to properly lit the instrument panel.
  9. Outside Lighting: Now you can set the anticollision lights to Ground and Air, and the appropriate lights will come on. Added Wing (inspection) lights.
  10. Flight Model: Adjustments to engine model, trim and controls, and many others. What is not properly simulated and needs a lot of investigation is the propeller's model which it ok, but not accurate. This remains for a future update.
  11. Modelling/Textures/Materials: Many adjustments/fixes, including Ferrari livery fixes. A new "Blue" livery is included, the same as the default, but without the logos. I have already uploaded a set of textures, if someone wants to do a livery for the plane.
  12. Modifiers/Animations: Most of the switches and rotary knobs work with the mouse wheel. Also the "theme" is if you see a "grab" icon, then the switch must be dragged, otherwise it is a click switch. If arrows, then click for up/down accordingly. Many buttons are now animated (including FMC buttons).
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 17

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

6 hours ago, McDonne11 said:

It would be great to release this plane for X-Plane 10 too...

This is impossible now. There are a ton of stuff already adopted that are XP11 exclusively. From FMOD to even PBR materials. 

• Upvote 3

On 07.12.2017 at 6:31 AM, airfighter said:

This is impossible now. There are a ton of stuff already adopted that are XP11 exclusively. From FMOD to even PBR materials. 

Thanks for an answer.

I'm stuck on the installer. I am using an iMac and when I get to the "Connect to the Internet" page, I completely lose it. Is the 'server' my IP address? What is a 'port' etc. and where can if find them?

On 12/10/2017 at 8:01 AM, ThePro5000 said:

I'm stuck on the installer. I am using an iMac and when I get to the "Connect to the Internet" page, I completely lose it. Is the 'server' my IP address? What is a 'port' etc. and where can if find them?

Are you connected to the internet when you are running the installer?

Bonjorno, airfighter

Alike many other X-Plane pilots, I’ve been eagerly awaiting your release, with updates,of the Piaggio Avanti II - truly the Ferrari (turbo-prop) of the skies!  Once I’ve sorted out my iMac I will be downloading your creation.  Many thanks for all your hard work, patience with we the pilots and I am truly looking forward to more of your very high-quality work.

From a kiwi pilot..

Manukau

Hello,

thanks very much for this fantastic development.

one question however : it does request x-aviation licensing information ....

so my question is : is it freeware or submitted to licensing rules ?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation

additional information -  Gizmo64 a plugin for the X-Plane flight simulator that lets you program in Lua Script seems to be requesting x-aviation licensing...

It's a joy to fly this piece of art but pls remove the reflections from the glass surfaces (ND, PFD). Somehow a snapshot of the base (Runway, taxiway or even the mesh below while flying) is taken and a (moving) reflection of that view are being shown on these screens which makes an already hard to read screens unreadable. Pls see attached screenshots taken while taxiing on apron within a few seconds. This was a clear weather and at around 10 AM in the morning and I could not find a way to increase the clarity of the screens - I guess the correct word for it is contrast. Hope these will be sorted out soon to make this beauty more realistic.

I wonder if it is my installation gone wrong somehow or not but I tested on Win 10, XP 11.20vr1. I will now install it to my other XP installation v11.11r2 to see if it is the same.

EDIT: Contrast in the VC is fine in XP 11.11r2, also the reflections from outside is not on screens. My Bad, I am sorry for testing it in 11.20vr1 first. Nice job. (S/shot 3)

avanti_1.jpg

GizmoLog.txt

avanti_2.jpg

avanti_1.jpg

Edited by HBuberci

On 12/22/2017 at 3:28 AM, Hueyman said:

I would have loved to appear in the credits for the propellers models and discs :P

Awesome works though

Oh my...! Added now! Thanks again!

Hi,

good to see speed tape numbers to rise correctly, and FMOD(which needs some tuning IMO).

Please fix the altitude dial, as the numbers are incorrect still....

3 hours ago, digibill said:

Is there a way to install this plane in Linux? I see only a win and an OS installer file....

Sort answer no.

Longer one...You need to have Gizmo plugin for Linux. Was available few months ago, but now, due to the lack of interest from Linux users, Gizmo is not support Linux any more. 

If you have the plugin, then you can use wine to install the plane.

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2018 at 0:05 AM, Pat55 said:

Hello,

Do you have an other paintkit available with more layers ?

Thanks

Patrick

Currently no, because I'm planning in the future to redo the whole 3D from scratch. If I find some time in the next days, I might do something for the current layout.

• Upvote 1

On 12/21/2017 at 7:55 AM, joe446 said:

additional information -  Gizmo64 a plugin for the X-Plane flight simulator that lets you program in Lua Script seems to be requesting x-aviation licensing...

Is there a "fix" for this? I was really confused when I loaded up X-plane to be greeted by something asking for a license.

Just now, OzWookiee said:

Would be really nice if this used sasl rather than Gizmo64 since it does not require the authentication part of that plugin.

But it doesn't, and you're getting something for free. Can't be too nitpicky all the time.

Just now, Cameron said:

But it doesn't, and you're getting something for free. Can't be too nitpicky all the time.

Hey no argument here and I wasn't being nitpicky or unappreciative of this fantastic freeware. But it's a little annoying that I have to close Gizmo64 everytime I use X-Plane even though I have no planes that require authentication. Now if Gizmo64 actually has the ability to not prompt for user/password everytime that would be fantastic :)

8 hours ago, OzWookiee said:

Hey no argument here and I wasn't being nitpicky or unappreciative of this fantastic freeware. But it's a little annoying that I have to close Gizmo64 everytime I use X-Plane even though I have no planes that require authentication. Now if Gizmo64 actually has the ability to not prompt for user/password everytime that would be fantastic :)

You mean to close the popup window, not the Gizmo plugin, right? 

Re SASL: I'm using Gizmo in my payware projects (aka DC9), so when I have some to spend to do some stuff for Avanti, it is logical that I will go with what I'm using on a daily basis. After all it is proven that Gizmo is very powerful, with 2 of the best aircraft simulations, run on Gizmo (IXEG 733 and LES Saab 340A). And since I want that horsepower available to me, for things that will come, even for the free Avanti, I ask from you, that for now, accept the small annoyance to have to close that popup window.

Regards

• Upvote 2